Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Be Okay

Hello there! Today I´d like to share with you the layout I created based on the lovely March color palette. I´ve also gathered some step-by-step photos for you. Hope you enjoy!


First I took the "Tattered Lace" stencil (by The Crafter´s Workshop) and applied some "Vintage Photo" and "Gathered Twigs" Distress Ink thru it onto the kraft cardstock. I pretty much followed the sketch regarding the placement of the stenciled areas.


Next I stamped with a Hero Arts background stamp onto the background using VersaMark ink. After that I applied some golden embossing powder over the stamped areas and heat embossed them. The embossing powder is by Lindy´s Stamp Gang (King Midas Gold).


On this picture you can see the nice golden embossing powder on the background. After that I applied some May Mists "Licorice" here and there.




Before I stamped the background I took some random residue circle pieces I had kept from a previous project, inked their edges with a black ink and then applied them onto the background after the embossing part was done.


 I then went along and added some twine, washi tape and a piece of brown wrapping paper onto the background. After that I stamped with a roller stamp using the "Gathered Twigs" Distress ink. I also inked the edges with an ink blending tool.


I then went along and added all kinds of little bits and embellishments, some additional stamping and wrote the journaling and added the title. I also added some plain chipboard clouds and covered them with a "Soft Pewter" Glimmer Glaze tone.


Here are some close-ups from the layout. I´ve hand written the journaling on to small kraft cardstock pieces and outlined them with a black pen.


 It has been a while since I last made such a monochromatic layout, but I must say I really, really enjoyed creating this one. A very personal page with a hidden journaling.




What a gorgeous color palette this months mood board has!! And the sketch is just fabulous. I sure hope many of you will find the time to play along!! Enjoy!!!

xxx, Sanna

2 comments :