Monday, March 16, 2015

Magicals, Embossing Powder and Your Imagination

Hello All, Deena here on the blog with you today.

What can you create with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals, embossing powder and your imagination? Anything you want, but I have created a mixed media card tutorial.

Items Required:
Mixed media paper
Cardstock (to make the card)
Stencil (choose any stencil)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals
Embossing powder
Paint Brush x 2
Palette Knife
VersaMark Ink
Texture Paste
and
Your Imagination


Step 1: Cut your mixed media paper to the size that you require.

Step 2: Lay your stencil over the paper and then use your texture paste to create dimension on your card.


Step 3: Once the texture paste is dry decide which colour/s of Magicals you are going to use. I had planned on using two colours but in the end only used Tilt-a-Wheel Teal from the Under the Boardwalk Collection.

Because the magicals are a power I did not want too much on the card so I dipped a dry paint brush into the magical pot and then tapped the brush on my finger to sprinkle the fine powder. I then added water (not too much as you can always add more) and watched the magic happen.



Step 4: Emboss your card. I used a different method to add VersaMark ink to my card. I used a paint brush. Looking back I think I needed to use a smaller paint brush as I have lost some of the amazing colour I created with the magicals.



Step 5: Stick the mixed media paper to your card base. I used X-Press It TripleTac Glue as it has a very strong hold and it only takes a couple of minutes to dry. I applied the glue all over the back of the mixed media paper with a palette knife. Once the glue is dry embellish the card.  I only wanted a very simple card because for me the background is the main focal point of the card


Happy Creating

1 comment :