Friday, September 19, 2014

What Do You Love to Create?

Hello, Deena here with you today.

Looking through my embellishment draws the other day, I came across some hessian that has been there for ages. When I brought it I just had to have it. Well it has sat there long enough, time to use it. 

Just recently I have brought myself from Golden Fluid Acrylics and I wanted to do something with them just because I had them and I could.

Creating cards puts me in my happy place. What do you love to create?

Happy Creating.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

August Memory Planner with Felicity

 Hello OTR fans!
Felicity back here today to share with you my august memory planner.
This month as all about family. I wanted to reflect in my memory planner this month love, gratitude and care.
It was made easy by using the free Heidi Swapp printables again.

I had a lots of photos I want to include, so I made a few flaps to add a few extra photos.

I really hope you are all enjoying my memory planner this year.


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Introducing Romain

Hi ladies and Gents

So as you can see I'm new to the DT 

I'll introduce myself, my name is Romain, 33, married and father 
I love Scrapbooking, Mixed Media, DIY, all creative activity. 

For my first post here, I want to share with you a printer tray 
which I am proud to have done of my wife

You can see more details on my blog 
And i have included a video but it is in french (sorry !) you can see the process. 

I hope you liked this 

see you soon !


Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Making Glittery Digital Embellishments

Hi, it's Wendy on the blog today. 
I thought I would pop over and show you how I upscale some of my digital elements.
For the Off the Rails Scrapbooking challenge this month I did a digital layout based on the mood board and colour palette inspiration.

So today I thought I would show you how I made my elements glitter. I used Panstoria Artisan software to do this layout but you can get a similar effect with most digital software programmes. You just need to experiment to find the right tools.

First off, I chose a flourish from an art package by Creative Memories called Earthly Serenity. I chose this because it looks like a crucifix.

Then I chose some glittery paper from another art package called Weather Watch by Lindsay Jane. I used the gold coloured paper to colour my element.

This I did by clicking on my crucifix element to tell the programme what part of the page I want to change (you can see it is highlighted with a series of squares). Then I clicked on the gold paper and a drop down box appears with a number of options. I chose "Fill selected element" and the photo above shows what I ended up with.

Even though it's glittery, the element is still flat. I needed to do a couple of things to give it more dimension. For this I used the "Format" "Filter" tools (you can see them highlighted on the photo below).

As you can see, I still have my element highlighted so that the programme knows exactly what I want to format. After selecting "Format-Filters", you will be given a number of choices. I used "Edge" "3D Edge". At this stage you should get another screen with a drop down. Your screen should look like the photo below.

Once you experiment with the settings and get your edge exactly as you want it, click on "Apply" at the bottom of the page. Your element will have much more dimension then.

There are other ways of making glittery paper and elements but that's for another time. This is the most simple way I know.

Thank you for stopping by. Cheers :)

Monday, September 15, 2014


Is it really half way through the month of September already, wow time does fly when you are having fun, or in our case creating and having fun.

This month our challenge is a mood palette

When we look at a mood palette we all see different things and are influenced by certain colours and the stunning layout below is a perfect example of this.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Gift Boxes

Hi all! Sue here with you today sharing a quick idea for making gift giving a bit more special. I am sure us "crafty types" (as my mum calls us) all enjoy the personal touch when it comes to giving gifts - whether it be a handmade gift, handmade card, or simply the handmade touch when it comes to the wrapping.

I like to have a stash of things on hand that can make giving a personal gift a bit easier, so it was with this in mind that I purchased a few simple paper mache boxes to decorate and put aside for gifts. (You can usually find these type of boxes readily available in craft supplies stores or discount stores, and they are great value.)

Here's what I did with mine...

To achieve this look, I simply primed the boxes with gesso first, then applied a coat of acrylic paint in my chosen colours. I also sponged some paint onto manila shipping tags to match.

Once dry, I inked the edges of the tags and stamped the "just a note" sentiment onto them. (I prefer to keep the sentiment generic, so I can use them for any occasion and just add the particulars in my handwritten message.)

I inked along the edges of boxes, and then randomly stamped on the top & sides of the boxes using a grunge texture stamp and a sheet music stamp (to match the sentiment, of course). ;)

After drying again, I randomly sponged a small amount of gesso over both the boxes & tags to soften the overall look. Then simply added a punched cardstock butterfly and some organza ribbon.

Voila! An easy way to add the personal touch to giving gifts. (Filled with chocolates they make great teacher appreciation presents.)

Good morning to you all -Welcome to Off the rails Blog - I found these old photo's of my boy going down the slide - it took us a while to get him on the slide as he is not the daredevil type BUT when he did he wouldn't get off the slide.
Why not add a layout of some action shots - would love to see what you can create