Sunday, December 11, 2016

Make your own Embossing Folders with Tania

Hi everyone! Tania here to share a tutorial with you today, it's a bit of a money saving, stash busting tip I hope you all enjoy!
I am going to show you how to make your own embossing folders to go through your die cutting machines, with a few simple materials you should already have in your stash!
Firstly, you will need some cardstock & a selection of punches....I used Hearts in 3 different sizes.




Punch out a pile of each sized heart!



Next, you will need a piece of cardboard or thin chipboard. I used an A5 piece. Attatch your punched shapes to the chipboard in the formation you would like, one at a time and then glue them down. (I used Glossy Accents to adhere!) Now go back and adhere 2 more shapes of the same sizes onto each one you. (So you will have a pile of 3 shapes on top of each other, for each pile.)




Once your glue is dry and your shapes are all securely adhered to the chipboard piece, it's time to run your embossing template through your machine with your chosen card. *You will have to work out which plates you will need to use, each machine is different and the chipboard may be thicker than  your normal embossing folders, so just take care not to force through your machine.
I used white card, and placed it on top of the hearts template, used my thinnest plates for my Kaszazz Ezy Press and ran it through.


I was really happy with how the embossed image turned out. I did 2 more pieces and made 3 cards.



For the 3rd card, I decided to use the de-bossed side for something a little different.



I used some Amy Tangerine papers, washi tape & twine to jazz up my cards and give them a few layers!
I hope you have been inspired to give it a go. The possibilities are endless!

5 comments :

  1. This looks brilliant! Never seen it done before & deffo going to give it a go. LOOOOVE your finished cards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks oh sweet one! Don't forget to share when you do!

      Delete