Well Hi!!! Thanks for taking a peak at my first Tutorial at Off the Rails, I'm thrilled to be here!
Today, I have a cute, little canvas mini album to show you!
I purchased this Francheville mini, canvas album at Spotlight, quite some time ago.
I had made one previously in a class taught by the lovely Sharon Laakkonen from Prima, that was in Cairns some years ago! (And I always loved the feel of it, and the prettiness of course.)
To colour the pages, I used a few different mediums, Distress Stains, Heidi Swapp Colorshine, and Distress re-inkers mixed with water.
You can dry with a heat gun or pop them out in the sun for 30 minutes!
The purpose of this mini album, was to house some pics of my daughter's 7th Birthday. I had scrapped them previously, but due to moving around and things being in storage, they got a little tattered, so needed a new lease of life! So, I wanted some fun and funky colours.
The next step before decorating is to punch holes in the album pages. I did this with my punch and set tool, but a Crop-a-Dile will also do the job. (I measured about an inch in from each edge, and then used the first page as a template to do the rest.)
I did some stash busting and found some colourful eyelets that have been waiting for the perfect project!
Because I haven't used a kit to embellish, I needed to have some consistency throughout my pages, so I sewed this gorgeous lace onto the bottom of each page. You could use a machine, but I chose to hand-stitch mine.
Now for my pages!
My preferred adhesive for this project was the Helmar craft glue. I am normally a tape girl, but for fabric this is my absolute go to glue. It also helped the project come together rather quickly!
To embellish the pages, I really used up alot of bits and pieces! Prima and Kaszazz flowers, Heidi Swapp ephemera, wood veneer and stickers!!! There's a Greatest View Flair on there too.
I had a spare canvas flower, from Prima which I re-coloured and popped some Ranger Ice Stickles in the middle to mimick the other sparkly Prima flowers in the album.
I included a few more flairs from D-Lish Scraps in the pages, and used up a few random embellies and flowers.
A few of the flowers were re-coloured to match the colours in the opposite pages.
This aqua flower, was sprayed with Dylusions first and then when dry I used my finger and just wiped a bit of Gesso on the tops of the petals, to tone down the brightness.
And here is the finished product, joined together with some hinged rings! I just love all the texture! The good thing is, I get to gift it to my daughter all over again, she loves it!
Thanks so much for joining me, and be sure to stay tuned to us at Off the Rails, for loads more Design Team inspiration!!