Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ravishing Ribbon

Hello there! Not only do I own lots and lots of washi tape, I also have managed to gather and hoard many boxes full of all kinds of ribbons. I have lace, velvet, organza..you name it! I then had been using netting (like the one that comes with veggies from the grocery store) recently on a few cards like a stencil and thought that this technique would probably also work with ribbons. So I went and tried:


 I first took a piece of blue plain cardstock (also a color I don´t use that often, so good for this kind of experiments) and placed a wide lace ribbon over the paper and protected the rest of the cardstock with a piece of office paper. I then sprayed the lade with white ink (Dylusions) and carefully lifted the lace.


This is the result. A lovely lacey pattern. I then added some ink splatters for additional interest. You know me, cannot live without ink splatters :). 


Next I placed the wet side of the ribbon onto the blue cardstock and used a brayer to press the wet ink onto the paper. This now created a really nice opposite image of the ribbon. You have to be fairly quick as the ink soaks into the ribbon and dries up quite fast. 


This is how the finished cardstock piece looks like. 







And this is what I made out of that paper. I really like the look of these Christmas cards!


I also made a second piece and used it as a layout background. Now just imagine the possibilities here! You can not only use those ribbons, but also find ways to use up your colored cardstock tones you might otherwise not want to use. 

Have fun experimenting!!!



4 comments :

  1. What a clever chickie you are Miss Lizzy. Love the way you think outside the box and create new things out of your stash. I'm going to try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea Sanna, looks so pretty and perfect for those Christmas cards :o)

    ReplyDelete