Saturday, October 11, 2014

Basket Full of Washi

Hello there! I have a confession to make. I own so many rolls of washi tape that I will probably never be able to use them all up, even if I try really hard. But, since I have made this promise to myself for not hoarding my scrapbooking supplies anymore, I started to think how I could use them. Obviously one can use them for making pretty present packaging, pimping up candles and other objects in the household, covering photo frames and jars with washi and even redecorating one´s keyboard (saw that on Pinterest recently), however that is not going to solve my problem, as I am obviously not going to be able to decorate my keyboard with multiple layers of washi and I don´t have that many objects to redecorate at home either *smiling*. 

When I saw the bright and happy October mood palette, I immediately saw a possibility to reduce the washi stash a little bit. I have quit a few bright and happy washi rolls that perfectly match the October colours. Here are two cards I created mainly based on washi tape and then just added a few little details here and there. 


I first took a piece of leftover scrap paper (white side) and covered it with random strips of washi tape. 


Next I took a circle punch and punched various sized circles out of the with washi covered paper. 


And this is what the card looks like. Fast, simple and easy to do. You could also add such elements onto layouts, ATC´s and art journal pages or even wall art pieces. And the bigger the piece, the more washi you can use up -> good for your stash :). 


The second card was even faster and easier one to do than the first one. I just adhered washi strips onto the card base, added a doilie and a mistable flower, then stamped a sentiment and grabbed a few enamel dots for additional decoration. Now I have kept to the bright colour palette colours on these cards, but you could naturally choose any color combination you want to/have in your stash. And these two cards are naturally not going to solve my washi problem either, but it is a start and if I made like a set of 10 of each, I´d notice a difference :-) !!! Now´s your turn! Have fun!!

Happy crafting, Sanna

3 comments :

  1. What a great way to showcase washi tape thank you will have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I love the fun colors and the shapes. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Gayle and Lynn - glad you like the idea :)

    ReplyDelete