Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Song of The Heart

Hello to all of our followers, it's Deena here today and I am sharing an art journal page that I have just finished creating. 

When I first decided that I wanted to give it ago I didn't want a bound journal because to me that seemed too constricting. So i decided to buy some 300 gsm watercolour paper and make individual pages. So glad that I did buy the thicker paper because I am sure what I did to my page would have been ruined if I had brought anything thinner.

You never know where you creativity will lead you, so stop thinking and let it happen.

I started out with my 8x8 piece of paper and coloured it with Chipped Sapphire Distress paint

Over the top I then added violet coloured Acrylic Ink and water

With my foam stencil brush I added a layer of gesso 

Added more gesso and water to get a softer look

Still not happy with the back ground I decided to again use my stencil brush but this time I added turquoise acrylic ink and more water.

Then using my blackberry bliss ink pad from Stampin Up I added this image over the top, it didn't stop here I had to add some more layers.

Flicked water over it 

Then using a stencil I drew inside all the hearts and then coloured them pink. For almost a week my page sat there as I had no idea how to finish it.

But finally I did and here is my finished page.

I hope this inspires you to create.

Happy Creating

1 comment :

  1. Deena, love the way you've shared your process and the different effects at each stage. Colours are just gorgeous too. xx

    ReplyDelete