Friday, March 7, 2014

Bling It Up


Who doesn't like a bit of bling, I know that our Designers do. The challenge for you all is to add Bling to your layout, card or mixed media creation.

Post it Note Cover with Handmade Rose !


This is a digital layout using various format, colour and light tools to create the bling. I've also cut away the noisy background of the photo.


using rhinestones & sequins to bling up my page...


 The Gold highlights on the texture pasted stenciling were achieved by brushing Gold Perfect Pearls over it when it was at it's tacky stage during the drying process.
 The gold thread came from unraveling a gold piece of Christmas wrapping ribbon.
The beads were applied to the frame cutout by adding small dobs of glossy accents glue around the outside and then placing it face down in a bowl of gold beads. Same way as you would add sprinkles to a cup cake.


I've used pearls, rhinestones and a bling title, as well as a silver pen for journaling and doodling. The thread at the bottom of the photo also has silver thread incorporated in each strand.

Sooo many fantastic ideas and sooo much bling, 
you will need to come back on Sunday for more Bling.



Can you please help me and welcome our sponsor for this challenge   

My name is Marianne, and as you can tell, I am the owner of Hobbies From the Heart. This store has been a long time coming and must have been woven into my fabric from when I was a child. When I was younger, living in Puerto Rico, I didn't have elaborate toys, so I had to become pretty creative to entertain myself. I used to create different things with anything I could find. I would create random cards, boxes, dioramas from things you could find around the house (thank you Abuelita!!). Anytime it was someone’s birthday, or just because, I would seek basic paper, glue, leaves, dried flowers, plastics canvas or old magazines and create something personalized for that special person.
Somewhere along the way of being a child and pursuing my goals, my creative side was put on hold. However, I quickly realized that I needed that outlet as the life of a grad student, lab tech, wife, and mother of a beautiful energetic daughter needed a retrieve. Thus, I started making simple things here and there for friends and family, and eventually started posting "stuff" on Etsy after the encouragement I received a couple of years ago. So long story short, this is where the name of my Etsy shop came about. 
Recently, after receiving my Master’s degree and transitioning into the “real world,” I have decided to focus more of my attention to my Etsy store as I try to change Hobbies from the Heart from a hobby of mine to a small business that can serve any one in need of personalized wedding favor labels, baby shower needs, birthdays, or for your daily supplies of paper goods and stickers. If you have any questions, need additional information, or want something personalized, just contact me and I can craft something special for you. 
 I would love to help out in any way I can.

 
Please follow the links below and find out more about Hobbies from the Heart

4 comments :

  1. Love how everyone has their own special unique style and bling ideas, thanks for all the inspiring ideas and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome challenge and so versatile, love it.

    ReplyDelete