Friday, October 19, 2018

Friendship and a Butterfly Tutorial

Hey there Off The Rail Fans!
Lisa here today to share a layout and a fun layered butterfly tutorial with you.
I used Shimelle Little By Little collection for this layout:


I fussy cut the flowers from one of the papers. See that cute butterfly? See my tutorial on how to make these later in my post:


I fussy cut a few more flowers, the title "Friendship" and those cute animals from papers in the collection:


Here is another one of the butterflies I created:


Did you notice the words above the photo? I used this tag from a scrub top  and placed half of it under my photo. I covered the words " Tooniforms and Cherokee" with fussy cut flowers. This is a great way to recycle!


Now for my tutorial on how to make the layered butterflies:
I used 2 different butterfly punches and punched butterflies from 4 different papers in the the collection. 



Layer 4 butterflies, all different patterns on top of each other. I stitched through the body part of the butterfly using my sewing machine and white thread, leaving the tails of thread:


Fluff up the wings. Easy peasy! 
These make fun homemade embellies and they are really fast to make!




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Lisa

No comments :

Post a Comment