Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Art Journal Page with Deb

Hello Off the Rails Scrapbooking Friends,

Deb here with an art journal page for this months challenge.  And... isnt the moodboard divine?  So many options to take from it!


I have gone with the colour scheme and the geometrics of the tribal theme.

I have used strips of plaster tape (from Hubby's shed) and mixed media tape on the bare page and then sealed the page with clear gesso.  I took a number of Kaisercraft paint tubes in pastel colours and  3 colours of Finnabair Artalchemy Metallique acrylic paints, and using a palette knife smooshed them all over the primed page.

Once dry, I dry brushed a thin layer of white gesso over the paint.  In hindsight I wish I hadnt done that as it took away the gorgeous shimmer of the metallique paints - lesson learned there!

I then took a couple of different stamps, A Fiskars chevron stamp and a Crafter Companion distressed double circle one and using black ink randomly stamped the background.

Once all this was dry I took a Kaisercraft 6x6 Tribal stencil and using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and Inka Gold in various pastel colours, stencilled merrily all over the page.  I tried to make sure I covered some of the stamping as I felt the black was too visible (another lesson learnt).




To finish off I added my quote and some white ink splatters, and there you have it!




I would really love to see what you come up with for this challenge.  Link your project
Till next time


No comments :

Post a Comment