Friday, August 17, 2018

All Painted Up Tutorial - by Brenda Caldow

Hi all Brenda with you today and welcome to Off The Rails and my tutorial. I have created my page using this months challenge and used a photo of a statue at my girlfriend place. 

I have created my page on white cardstock but because my photo was colorful I wanted to make sure I also used some of the grey and black in the mood board as well so I started by using grey in my background.

With a baby wipe I applied Dylusions Slate Grey Paint. This is a great way of doing it because you can apply the paint as thick,thin or patchy as you want.

Once the paint was dry I then used a stencil by Prima with Jet Black Archival Ink. I applied it with a makeup sponge and made sure I didn't apply it too heavy to make the black stand out too much. 

Now it was time for the real messy fun to begin and the tribal look to pop. I used an Andy Skinner mixed media stencil had a skull picture and the painted tribal look look that I chose to use. 
I used Ranger Texture paste.

Once the texture paste was applied and had dried it was then time for the colour. I used again my Archival Inks but in quite a few different colours.  I applied it again with a makeup sponge.
I allowed colours to over lap giving it a rainbow mix.

Before I started to build on my background I used White Dylusions Paint with water mixed in it to make it a little thinner and easier to splatter with a paint brush. 

Next I prepared my Dusty Attic Chipboard. I started by painting it with Dylusions paint - Pomegranate Seed and then with different colours of of Viva Inka Gold Rub and my finger I multi cooloured over the top. I love this rustic look. 
For my title I decided to use some very old Thickers Black Letters. I haven't used them in many years and was planning in selling them so I thought I might be able to jazz them up a little to fit in with the rest of my design. I first used a little of the white and pomegranate paint on it and then I used some of the Inka Gold Rubs as well. They come up great and didn't look like the Thickers letter anymore. 

Now it was time to put it all together.

I flicked some Dylusions Spray Stain in different colours that matched with the colurs I had been using here and there. I also flicked some over some corrugated cardboard. I used some of the Disttress Spray to run down from where I was going to mount my photo. I mounted my photo on black cardstock and the placed it on the cardboard. I glued down my chipboard and title. For the final thing to match in with my title I put some paint on brushed and glued them down too.... My page was now complete. 

Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope you have enjoyed looking at my tutorial. Make sure you keep scrolling for loads of inspiration and ideas from the rest of the design team. We would love to see you join in with us with this months challenge. 
Happy Crafting xxx 

No comments :

Post a Comment