Sunday, December 17, 2017

Special Photo of Brenda and her Mom

Hello crafty friends and welcome to Off The Rails and my December tutorial. Wow December and only a week away from Christmas. I hope you all have your Christmas shopping done and that you have a long craft list for Santa. So from my family to yours Merry Christmas.





Th tutorial I will be sharing with you is the page I created for this months Challenge. I chose to do my page of the very last Christmas photo I have of my mum and me.


I created my page on white cardstock and the first thing I did was to use a Tim Holtz Air Blower and Distress Marker. I used the traditional red and I love doing this method as it makes a great fleck background. Over this I then used a Script stamp with a brown ink.



Next I die cut some poinsettias and inked the edges along with the leaves. I mounted my photo on some Christmas Graphic 45 patterned paper and then mounted that on a square of cardboard to raise it up. 



I then used the end of a paint brush brush (but you can use a pen or similar) to roll the one side of the petals and leaves, then glued them together. Once glued it is time to place some bling in the middle.



I used a Kaisercraft reindeer and my 25th title wooden emballishment next. With my finger I put Modeling Paste on the reindeer so he was nice and white. I heat dried it with my heat gun so keep the ripples I created on it. I found a little packet of sting Christmas lights and fussy cut a Christmas clock from the Graphic 45 patterned papers.
    

Next was the placing and gluing of everything to my layout. With the gluing I left the string of lights till last and draped it over the top gluing it down as well.



 
 Finally I used a Wink Of Stella clear pen and went over the reindeer and the 25th with it. It give them a nice sparkle. With this done my page was finished. 



I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I created my page and please join in with us this months challenge. You get to use the moodboard and one other colour to create the beautiful Christmas/wintry creation. The rest of the design team and I would love to see what you create.

I hope you all have a Happy Christmas and New Year no matter where you are in the world. Please stay safe if traveling and I look forward to seeing and crafting with you in the 2018. 

Happy Crafting, Hugs Brenda xxx


4 comments :

  1. Great layout Brenda. What are the little lights made out of? Did you get them at a scrapbooking store? They are so cute for a Christmas layout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy them but to bee honest it was some years ago and I found them when we moved a few months back. To be honest I can't even remember which one. The little globes are coloured plastic.

      Delete
  2. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Best Social Trading Network!

    Join millions who have already discovered easier methods for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from experienced eToro traders or copy their positions automatically

    ReplyDelete