Sunday, September 17, 2017

Easy card making tips with Joan

Joan here today.
I'd like to share two cards I made during my latest card making frenzy.  I found that my Cricut machine and my Gelli Printing Plate are a great combination when it comes to making cards. 


1) Apply several colors of acrylic paint to the Gelli Printing Plate





2)  Roll the paint into a thin layer using a brayer



 3)  Create a design by placing a stencil on top of the paint



 4) Place a sheet of paper onto the stencil and gently rub the paper with your hands to transfer the paint



5)  Pull the paper up to reveal your print

6)  Remove the stencil and follow steps 4 through 7 to make another print



* I thought if I was going to make two prints I might as well make a stack of them for future use.



 7) Die cut a variety of fall themed images





 8)  Emboss die cuts with an embossing machine if desired



 9) Cut cardstock for your card base and matting and cut your Gelli print to fit on top of you matting

10) Assemble cards using adhesive





Here are 4 tips to making multiple cards at once:
a) keep it simple 
b) use the same formula
c) add little details
d) use the same medium 

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Crafting.
Joan






3 comments :

  1. Great tips there Joan! I have a gelli plate and I rarely use it so I have some ideas now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Joan. I have never used my Gelli Plate - I really should though

    ReplyDelete