Thursday, February 23, 2017

Love Adore Cherish by Brenda

Hello crafty friends and welcome to the Off The Rails Scrapbooking Blog and my tutorial post for February. Each time it is my turn to post a tutorial I try to decide if I will create something new or use my monthly challenge post. This time I'm going with my monthly challenge post for a reason that has made me very happy. I have chose it because of how many people have liked it on facebook, which makes me very proud. Now for my page -


I created my page on white cardstock by Kaisercraft and I also used some to mount my photo on and then some red cardstock just to make it pop a little more.

It was time to start my background and for this I started with Tinby Designs Color Crush - Pomegranate, Pineapple and Basil. These are wonderful products and I love them so much. They come in a small pot that has a shaker in the top so all you have to do us sprinkle just a little where you want (and i mean a little as they go a long way) and then spray with water. Depending on how much water you use will depend how it looks. 


Once this was dry I used modeling paste mixed with Dylusions Paint - Postbox Red. I mised it well with a pallet knife and then with a TCW Stencil - Diamonds I some horizontally and diagonally over the top of the Color Crush. Once I had done this I placed a little to the left hand side where I wanted to put the small ornate frame and flower. Once I had the Modeling Paste stenciled where I wanted it I heated it slightly with a heat gun. The reason for not sitting it aside to dry is because I wanted it to bubble up just a little to create some extra texture. Once this was finished I used Kaisercrafts Clear Script Stamp and stamped here and there even going over the red modeling paste. I then used some Viva Inka Gold Rub - Brown/Gold and put a little with my finger on the bubbled up bits of the red texture paste. Once that was finished I used some Dusty Attic  Paint - Mountain Dew and a fan brush to flick some paint here and there to give it some more texture and depth.
  


Once this was done I set my 12 x 12 cardstock aside and it was time to work on the chipboards. Each of the chippies I placed on my craft mat and used my finger in an up and down motion (NOT wiping) I coated them with the white Modeling Paste. After I coated each one I then heated them with a heat gun. Doing this makes it form peaks and a real roughness to them. Now I used Viva Inka Gold Rub - Lava Red and again my finger :) and went over the ruffness and peaks with it so I ended up with a red and white title and frame.



Now it was time for me to start putting my page together, so I punched out two different size hearts in red and cream cardstock and inked the edges with Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and I was ready with craft glue in hand. Before attaching anything I always sit everything on my page and play around to see where I want everything. Once I'm happy with my page I then take some photos with my phone. You can use a phone of a camera it is just to be able to use the photos to refer to after you have decided where you want things. You the remove and start to glue them o place.



The first thing I glued down were my straws but once this is done you will find that your photo wont sit at the right height because of them. I then used some cardboard behind the photo where there were no straws to built up until it was at the same height.
I then placed my ornate frame and then the flowers on it. 



I then placed the other Little Birdie paper flowers tucking under the edge of my photo just a little and lastly my chipboard title. Once this was done the only thing left to do was to decide if I had the hearts in the right place and to glue them down.
My page was finished. 


I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and please keep scrolling to see what the other extremely talented Design Team have been creating. Also while here we would love to see you join in with our monthly challenge, we always have something for you to have fun with.
Until my next post here at Off The Rails Scrapbooking -  Happy Crafting.
Brenda xxx


2 comments :