Sunday, May 8, 2016

Creating a background with masking tape - with Tania

Hi there!

Tania here with you today to share a quick, fun and easy technique I learnt many years ago on the net created by the talented Beate Johns!! All you need is some card, masking tape, ink and clear embossing powder + heat tool!!  The end result is so effective and too good not to share don't you think??

Here is my finished card :)


To start cover your piece of cardstock with pieces of masking tape. Doesn't matter the size.


Continue to add pieces of tape to your piece of cardstock until completely covered.  I find smaller pieces look more effective.


Once you have finished adding your tape trim the excess tape from around the edges of your card.


Next up begin to add your colour, I used a blending tool and randomly sponged colour over my tape until I was happy with the way it looked. I used two colours but you can add as many as you like depending on the look you want to achieve.


Cover the entire piece of masking tape cardstock with clear embossing powder.
(The powder should adhere to the texture of the tape so no embossing ink is needed) 


Tap off your excess embossing powder and then heat with heat gun until powder completely melted.


Your cool Faux Leather background is now finished!!  Now you can put your card together and embellish how you wish!!!


Well that's all from me today, I do hope you liked this fun little technique!!  If you have time to play along please share your creations on the Off the Rails Facebook Page I would love to see what you come up with.

Until next time, thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting!!

2 comments :