Sunday, December 20, 2015

SIMPLE HYBRID CHRISTMAS CARD


Hi, 
it’s Wendy here today to share with you how I made a quick, simple hybrid (combined digital and traditional) Christmas card.


I used this month’s “traditional colours” mood board as inspiration for my card.
  


First I designed the white panel on the front of the card digitally using some favourite Christmas elements. You could use any pictures on the panel, or even a written quote. I then printed out my design twice on white card stock.


I cut out the first panel and stuck it in position on my cardstock base. My base is 22cm x 15cm, scored in the centre so that the folded card measures 11cm x 15cm. You can make the card any size you want but I made mine this size because it fits in a standard size envelope easily.
The second panel print I used to make some 3D embellishments. I cut out the “HO HO HO” banner, Christmas stocking and the gnome – all very straight forward cutting. I then used foam dots to adhere these embellishments in place over the base. This is what it looks like in 3D.
As you can see, I have also added some traditional embellishments in the way of sparkly gold stars and red bling dots.
Hope I’ve given you some ideas and thanks so much for dropping by.
Cheers.

2 comments :