Thursday, December 10, 2015

"Santa's Coming To Town"

Hi, everyone. Carol today sharing a Christmas themed project. I love this month's mood board and currently still in miniature crafting mood. So I made this frame with miniature scene again.
"Santa's Coming To Town"

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out this blue shadow box frame. Then I hand cut the white snowy frame around frame area and added glitter glue to create snow effect. Also hand cut the 2 snowcapped mountains and the green bush. The title and santa on sleigh is stamped with Papertreyink stamp and pop up with foam tape.


For the house and lamp post, I diecut with Marianne Design dies. As the house is just a flat piece, I added 2 layers of foam tape behind and adhered to yellow cardstock. I also added stamped table and chairs (Papertreyink) and diecut Christmas tree (Marianne Design) inside the house and pop them with a layer of foam tape.


Added a enamel dot on the door and glitter on the snow. Also stamped, colored and cut out a mailbox and the pathway (both from Simonsays stamp set).


I love to create 3D look with foam tape. Here you can see the different layers. It makes the diecuts and stamps look alive. I even pop up the tiny tiny lamp post with foam tape too.

I hope you enjoy my sharing. Do join us in December's Mood Board challenge here. Simply adore the colors and Christmas village inspiration. Have fun. And a early Merry Christmas to all.

3 comments :