Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Using Up Your Stash

Hi there! One of my goals this year has been to use my stash and I mean really try to use it up!! I have quite a lot of product stored in my scrap room and it needs to be used. Some of the products are quite old already and not so trendy anymore, so I sometimes find it hard to incorporate those on my scrapbooking layouts. What I do then is I create cards. They are perfect for using up older product!

Here are three cards (well, four, but three with step-by-step photos) I created with some "older" product. I also combined some newer or my favorite products with the older ones, that way it was not so hard to use it all :).


These are some of the products I chose to use. It includes some old journaling stickers, some REALLY old rub-ons (they are from the time I originally started scrapbooking) and then just some older, but not that ancient rub-ons that I don't use anywhere else anymore.


For the first card I used the green and blue rub-on flowers (the really old ones). I combined them with a stamped modern background and used a My Favorite Things stamp set with some Hero Arts shadow inks for stamping the background image.


Next I added some Glimmer Glaze splatters over the stamped area. This is one of my recent favorite products and I use it practically everywhere. Talk about an addiction ;-) ...


Next I just took a piece of white plain cardstock and rubbed the flower rub-ons onto the paper, then fussy cut them. After that I took some 3D foam tape and glued the flowers on their places. All I needed to do next was to stamp the sentiment and my first card was done. This is how it looks like:


over to the next one :)...


Remember the paper tapes by Heidi Swapp? They are a tad older product too. I have those in my stash (of course) and I wanted to use some on this card. I first dry embossed the card base with a Sizzix dry embossing folder and then cut a long strip of the Heidi Swapp paper tape and glued it down alongside the embossed edge.


Next I took some journaling stickers and glued them down on a piece of white cardstock.That way their backs will not be sticky. I then adhered 3D foam behind them and layered them over each other.


I also covered the sewing machine picture with the second label as it didn´t in my opinion match the card theme at all.


After that I added a stamped circle sentiment to go with the label cluster.


I then added some wooden embellishments and a couple rub-on hearts from a rub-on booklet I haven´t been using that much. Now I only need to add a sentiment and the second card was ready. And it looks like this:


and now to the next card:


For this card I used two pieces of leftover patterned paper and some of the rub-ons showed above.


I adhered the rub-ons onto a piece of white cardstock, then fussy cut those and glued them down onto the card with 3D foam pads. The banner shaped piece of patterned paper was my starting point for this card.


I then added a second piece of patterned paper over the banner, some more rubbings as well as a stamped sentiment that I fussy cut and then glued down on it´s place. These cards are all really fast and easy to make and perfect for using that older stash up. This is what the third card looked like:


 And here is one more card idea you could use leftover pieces and older product for:


Take a piece of leftover blue cardstock, place a stencil over it (I used a The Crater´s Workshop stencil here) and apply blue ink. Next take a sheet of leftover alphas and randomly adhere them over the stencilled area. After that add a piece of leftover ribbon and some random die cut pieces, tabs or tags that you have in your stash as additional decoration and your card is done. I´ve used Sassafras "die cut cards" for this purpose. This makes a nice card for a little boy´s birthday :).

I hope these cards inspire you to take a second look at your stash and use those products you keep on organizing from a to b, but actually not using (we all do that, don´t we). But now it´s about time to reduce some of that stash :). Have fun creating!!!



xoxo, Sanna 

Did you enjoy this tutorial? We have more on Pinterest

8 comments :

  1. This is FABULOUS...I adore how you've used up those stash items, but make them look really 'now'.....TFS:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects. I too am working on using stash - its like a neverending battle. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...very true, Lynn!!! keep up the good work - I am doing my very best with my stash too :)

      Delete
  3. These cards are fantastic, using your stash, Imtry to use as much as I can out of my stash and scrap basket, thanks for these new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome, jasann!!! glad you liked the ideas!!!!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful cards! You make the product all look so fresh. Way to use up your stash!:)

    ReplyDelete