Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sequin Flower Tutorial

Hey there Off The Rail Fans!
Lisa here today to share a fun tutorial on how to make sequin flowers.

I started by placing the sequins I wanted to use on a piece of scrap cardstock to see how many sequins I would need and the placement of them:


I removed all but the center and used a push pin to poke a hole through the center of the sequin:

                            

I threaded a needle with embroidery floss, tied the end and brought it up from the back of the cardstock through the sequin and out the top:



I placed a "petal" sequin, poked a hole and went from the top down through to the bottom of the cardstock:


I placed another sequin, came up through that sequin and and down through the center sequin. I continued this for the rest of the sequins. 


I tied it off on the back:


Finally, I fussy cut off the white cardstock: 


I made 3 of these, one using smaller sequins:


Here is a layout I used them on:


I added a flower I cut from my Cameo under this sone:


Here are a few more close ups:



These were so fun to make and easy as well!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will give this a try!

Lisa


No comments :

Post a Comment