Wednesday, June 27, 2018

How to add extra photos to your layout - by Cathy S

Hi All,

It's good to be sharing again and showing you how to stretch your layouts with a fun little mini-album idea.

I was super inspired by our moodboard this month and chose to scrap some beach photos from a few years back. True to form, there are always more photos that can comfortably fit on a double page spread, so what are you to do? Well this is where the mini-album idea comes in.


You will see the flip flops on my left hand page... well actually the polka-dot one is a little accordian album. I don't like having bulky stuff on my layouts, so I like to make my mini-albums as flat as possible, yet not skimp on the space for photos.

Here you can see the album open:

The album is simply made with the width of a 12x12 cardstock by the height of my photos (plus a little space for matting) and then scored to fold accordian-style. The bottom flap is glued directly to my layout. I didn't embellish anything (though you could add rub-ons or stickers) and so it all folds nice and flat. I printed my photos small so that I could use more and still capture the moment.

On this layout, if I left off the mini-album, the flip-flops would just create an extension of the theme, so by turning one into an album, it just stretches the layout ever so slightly.

Why not give it a try and share with us what you make.

Till next time.
Cathy S


No comments :

Post a Comment