Thursday, April 19, 2018

Distress Oxide Inks for resist card with Lisa

Hey there Off The Rail Fans!

Do you have any of the Distress Oxide Inks? I recently purchased some and really have been loving them!

Lisa here to share a fun technique with you using them.
Here is the card I created:


I started with a white base and stamped using embossing ink. I added white embossing powder:


and then heat set it:


Using a mini ink blending tool, I added Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink on the outer edge:


Next, I added Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink and then finished it off with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink. I made sure to blend really well in a circle motion:


Next, I took a watercolor brush and added water to parts of the flower to soak some of the color up:


I did a little at a time and blotted it with a paper towel to soak up the color:


This was the end result:


I took it one step further by adding another color. I smooshed the Distress Oxide Ink in Squeezed Lemonade on my mat and misted it with water. This creates a fun watercolor! The more water you add, the lighter the color will get:


Using a small paintbrush, I painted in parts of the flowers with this color:


I took alpha stamps and stamped with archival ink in the center and colored it in with a silver Glitter Nuvo marker. Finally I stitched a small banner and created a wrapped diploma by rolling some paper and tying it with bakers twine.

This was a fun technique to play with!
Here is the finished card again:


Hope you will give this fun technique a try!

Happy Crafting.

Lisa

No comments :

Post a Comment