Friday, April 27, 2018

Adding Colour with embellishments by Cathy S

Hi All,

It's good to be back again and to be able to share just a little inspiration with you this month. I chose to follow our moodboard theme of colour bombing and create a very colourful layout.


So here's just a few tips to share with you about making a colourful layout without it being overpowering:

1. Start with a white background.... it makes the colour pop all the more.
2. Choose a few colours and stick to them for all your embellishments... I chose Red, Blue, Yellow and Green with subtle touches of Orange.
3. Use different embellishments in different colours to add to the effect... here you will see stamping in distress oxide inks, brads, letter stickers and cardstock diecuts.
4. Turn to your stash and see what works... I found a marbled effect piece of card that I made over a year ago which worked perfectly for my paint/arty theme.... just cut a few strips and voila an embellishment for my page. I even found a piece of inked blue paper that I used to matt my photo.
5. Keep your journalling in a neutral colour (I typed mine) so that it doesn't distract.

Hope these tips help the next time you want to add lots of colour to a page.

Happy scrapping.
Cathy S

No comments :

Post a Comment