Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Cancer awareness ribbon with Cathy

Hi Crafters,

It's Cathy with you today.

I am sure that we have all been affected either directly or indirectly by someone who has had cancer. In South Africa, this past weekend has been our Cansa Shavathon which is all about generating awareness and showing support for cancer sufferers and survivors. My Mom had breast cancer in the early 90s and has been cancer free for over 20 years.

As a reminder for myself I decided to make a little 3d cancer awareness ribbon.

I found a clipart ribbon shape that I like and turned it into a cutfile. As this was a flat shape I then added a few strips for the sides too... the zig zag edges make is easier for bending round the curves.
Oh and remember to cut two of the ribbons for the front and back.

Glue the sides to one of the pieces then glue the top piece on top.

Using the same cutfile I made the insides slightly small to cut out the ribbon in pretty pattern paper... I cut a base and then the middle pieces from a different and lighter pattern.
I raised the lighter pattern with foam to give the ribbon a bit of dimension before decorating with flowers, buttons, bling.

Hope you are inspired to make a project that is slightly different to what you normally do. Till next time.


No comments :

Post a Comment