Thursday, October 5, 2017

Tutorial how to stamp the perfect wreath with Narelle

Hello  friends.  Narelle here on the blog today.

Today I have a quick tutorial for you, showing you how to easily stamp the perfect wreath. I think we all find stamping in a circle sometimes challenging. But today I have an easy way to get the circle shape every time.

Here is the card I made using this technique.

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

This whole wreath was stamped using one stamp. Here is how I did it.

Start off by using something round to draw a circle in pencil onto your card stock. This is the secret to getting a perfect wreath shape.

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

This may be obvious to some people, but sometimes the obvious is staring us in the face and we don't notice it. There are also a few other tips I have for you too.

I didn't want the long stem of this stamp on my wreath. So I inked the stamp up and then covered the stem with some washi tape. 

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

I then removed the washi tape and stamped onto my card stock. When I stamped, I only got a small part of the stem on my project. I then repeated this process for all the leaves I stamped. 

To get an even distribution of the colours, I stamped the first colour, Melon Mambo, at North, South, East and West points on my circle. Then I overlapped each of those slightly with the next colour, and repeated this for  the third colour.

The Lemon Lime Twist leaves are using the same stamp, but this time I wanted to use just the two top leaves. So I used part of a post it note like I used the washi tape above.

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

The leaves in the centre of the wreath are lighter in colour as I stamped off onto scrap paper first. What this means is I inked up the stamp like normal, but before I stamped onto my project, I stamped once onto a scrap piece of paper, which removed some of the ink from the stamp. I then stamped onto my project without reinking. This gives the same colour as the ink, but just a bit lighter.

I then glued on Touches of Nature Elements. These are woodchip elements in the shapes of leaves and flowers. The cool thing about these is that they are double sided. White on one side, natural on the other.

Then I created a bow out of several strands of linen thread. I got four strands of linen thread all the same length.

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

I then straightened them by holding them all together and using my bone folder to run the length. A bit like you do when you curl paper when making flowers. Then just holding the four strands together, make a bow. Attach it to the wreath using glue dots.

Here is a close up of the wreath so you can see the elements better.

Learn how to create the perfect stamped wreath every time - Simply Stamping with Narelle - shop here - https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4008228

I hope you have learnt a few new things today and I hope you try some of these techniques out soon.

Thanks for dropping by.
Have a great day.
Cheers,
Narelle

1 comment :

  1. Fabulous card Narelle, thanks for the stamping tips

    Deb xx

    ReplyDelete