Monday, December 5, 2016

Tags wtih Sarah


Hello ...crafty cats and happy holiday season! Sarah here  and this will be my last post with the Off the Rails Scrapbooking team. A big thank you to Amanda for having me on the team...it has been such fun! For this months mood board I created three large tags using red, white and silver as the background of the tag. I then printed some free digital images from the internet, coloured them and layered them on to the tags. Today I have a tutorial for you, demonstrating how I made one of the tags. Here it is;

Step 1 is to cover a large tag with patterned paper of your choice

Next apply some white gesso onto the tag - I like to use my finger to spread it out


Once the gesso is dry, I took some Colour Blast shimmer dust and water to make a mix. I then applied this all over the tag



Next step was to apply Colour Blast paste in 'Snow White' through a stencil. The paste easily picked up the colour of the shimmer dust so it wasnt white as i expected it to be but I love the shine of the end result.







Once dry, I stamped some Christmas images on the tag and applied Inka Gold paste around the edges to give a silvery effect. Inka Gold comes in many colours and is like a metal paste.







At this point the tag was looking a bit red for my liking - I was after a more rustic type look so I decided to rub some of the colour off with a baby wipe (what a mess I made!). I then tore some cardboard to look rustic and applied some gesso and Inka Gold to it with fingers. I adhered the cardboard to the tag, coloured my image and completed the tag with some sequins.




The other two tags I made can be seen here;


Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :