Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Mood board Brusho watercolour Background with Peg

Hi All, Peg here.
Halloween is not really a thing where I live, some people have parties but there is no trick-or-treating and very few decorate their houses/yards. So I ran with the colours of the mood board for this layout of my son at the end of year presentation assembly. I wanted to highlight the quality of friendships he has using this photo of his mate, Olly, so happy about Ed's achievement.

The background was created by misting heavy-weight cardstock with water and dropping Brusho watercolour powders on it. The colours are made up of several different pigment colours hence the orange spots in the black. I didn't blend the colours in to keep this variety on my background. I quite like the firework effect.
I used up some very old product on this page (7 Gypsies paper tape, kraft frames, Glitz deco tape) and some leftovers from other projects that were lying on my desk, a very cathartic way to work.

All up it was a quick and easy page to create and this important story is in my album. As I'm sure you know, life can be a handful at times so it helps to be able to keep on top of the memory-keeping without too much fuss.

Thanks for coming by, hope you're having fun with the challenge this month,

1 comment :