Hello, Tanya on the blog today sharing a tutorial on how I created this cute Camper Van Beach Set for this month’s challenge.
You will need:
Cardstock (Yellow, Green, Brown, White, Blue, Red & Check Patterned)
Heavy Gesso White
Craft Paint Camée
Distress Inks Gathered Twigs & Forest Moss
Distress Stain Picket Fence
Distress Embossing Powder Spiced Marmalade
Retro Lady (Google Search…)
Embellishments: Flowers, Buttons, Flat Pearls, Basket with Wine Bottles and Shells (these are not in the supply photo)
- Paint the polystyrene with craft paint and leave to dry. Paint with gesso and sprinkle sea sand and leave to dry.
- Using the Silhouette Cameo cut the following:
- Cut a camper van box from yellow cardstock and the check pattern cardstock. Glue onto one another. Cut the contrasting accents from white and yellow cardstock. Stain the white pieces with picket fence. Assemble as per the instructions from Silhouette.
- Cut a beach chair from white cardstock and stain with picket fence, assemble.
- Cut 2 palm trees from brown and green cardstock. Stain the barks with gathered twigs and the veins of the leaves with forest moss, assemble.
- Cut a surf board from blue cardstock and an internal offset from red, adhere to the top of the camper van.
- Cut a PEACE symbol from red cardstock and adhere to the front of the camper van.
- Cut the word ‘SUMMER’ from white cardstock and emboss with spiced marmalade. Add to the camper van as per the picture.
- I searched on Google for the retro lady…I chose one that would match the Mood Board. Fussy cut her and ink the edges with gathered twigs. Place her on the beach chair.
- Add the flowers, buttons, flat back pearls, shells and basket with wine bottles as per the picture.
Hope you like this and can draw some inspiration from it.
Come join in the challenge would love to see
everyone’s creations with this gorgeous Mood Board!
Thanks and happy scrapping!