Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Lizzy's tutorial today

Hi there! 
Do you sometimes start a page and realise it is simply
NOT going to plan? That's what happened with me this month.
I had chosen to work with the colours on the December mood board:
Even though I kept adding stuff, it just didn't seem to be working for me.
The straw that broke this camel's back was when I realised the blue & yellow
coloured inks had blended into a green.
I was just totally unhappy with the whole page. It was too 'strong'
for the photo and didn't have the light, airy feel I had tried to create:
I NEVER toss my work in the bin. But this came awfully
close to it!!! HOWEVER whenever I feel like this, I reach for my
WHITE GESSO. This stuff is amazing. See?

 I was really pleased how my textured stars can still be seen through....
& I carefully added some yellow ink spray then THOROUGHLY dried
it before adding some blue drops & pink watered down paint.
Otherwise, I simply replaced the elements - like the washi frame.
Here's my finished page:
If you haven't got white gesso, I'd seriously recommend
you do. It gives a wonderful surface for any 'wet mediums' like the
ink sprays, to adhere to. You get REALLY interesting 'patterns' as it dries:
Hope this helps you in your scrapping!!!
Lizzy Hill ♥♥♥

2 comments :