Wednesday, September 16, 2015

When Things Go Wrong


Hello All, Deena with you on the blog today.
I am sharing with you a tutorial and at one point, what I was creating went wrong. 

When you are creating we all have a tendency to compare ourselves with others, and I will put my hand up the quickest as I do it all the time. But you know what, we are all individuals, we all create differently and see things different. We are our own worst critic, well I am here to tell you to be gentle with yourselves and be who you want to be. Believe in the journey and trust where the path leads because you never know where you will end up or what you will discover.

Products Used
VersaMark Ink
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Powder - Tea Dye
Heidi Swapp Colour Shine - Teal
Art Extravagance Texture Paste - Clear Crackle
Clear Gesso
White Gesso
Dylusions Ink Spray - White Linen
Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst - Pthalo Green
Derivan Spreader Medium
Derivan Matisse Flow Paint - Raw Umber
Hero Arts Stamp - Fabulous Flourish
Prima Cling Stamp - Don't Forget To Fly
Heidi Swapp Butterfly Stencil
Cut & Dry Foam
White Gelly Roll Pen


Step 1. Cover your page with white gesso, then mixed you paint with the spreader medium (I did it on my page). What the spreader medium does is not only extends the drying time to allow you to move the paint but it also makes it thinner and easier to use. Once dry I added over the top my crackle paste in and uneven layer. 

Let this dry naturally. That way it produces better crackle
 

Step 2: Spray your page with water and then sprinkle the Color Burst over the water and watch the magic happen. Add more water or colour burst as you want. You can either let it dry naturally or hit it with your heat gun.
I actually let mine dry over night as I think it was about midnight when I got to this stage. You can see the yummy crackly (best part of my page)

Step 3: I decided that the colour was way to strong I used my cut & dry foam to add white gesso and raw umber paint. Once I was happy with the look I dried it with my heat gun and then put a layer of clear gesso over the top.

Step 4: Using my Fabulous Flourish and VersaMark I stamped the design and then added my distress powder. Once my distress powder my cooled I then rub the design with my fingers to take away the loose pieces, to create the distress look.

Step 5: I stamped my image in archival ink and then clear heat embossed over the top. Archival Ink is not the best ink to heat emboss as it dries quickly but for what I was doing it wasn't a problem.

Now this is where things went wrong.
Step 6: Using my stencil I sprayed the colour shine and because it didn't work very well I decided to add white splatters to the mix. Oh boy what a mess. 

  
Step 7: Because earlier in the process I had added a layer of clear gesso I was able to remove the colour shine and white gesso with water and paper towel.

Step 8: Using my white gelly roll pen I add some highlights to the wording.

To be honest I am not entirely happy with what I created but I wanted to share my journey with you. The thing to remember is Don't Give Up.

3 comments :

  1. Tu tienda de washi tape, scrapbooking, manualidades, craft, pegatinas, big shot, troqueladoras, sellos and tintas. here are washi tape barato , washi tape comprar , comprar washi tape , washi tape , scrapbooking , material scrapbooking , material para manualidades , tienda scrapbooking , tiendas de manualidades and articulos de papeleria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deena, I love to create simply by creating ... experience ... without compromise! Gorgeous design! Continue sharing your journey with us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating is about the process not the finished product ... which by the way turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete