Friday, April 17, 2015

Mask It Up!

Hey there! 
It's been a whiles since I've done a tutorial - but I had such fun creating this card, that I thought I'd share the process with you:


I made it for a friend.....I had worked out the words, so used some old paper to created them:


 Waste not, want not & all that!


As for the umbrella. I DO have a silly [Sillhouette] machine.
I also have a computer to find images.
But I'm a LAZY scrapper.
So I sketched an umbrella that looked vaguely like one, and simply cut out a template using old photo copy paper:


As you can see above, then I have taped up around the shape that I'd cut out. That is then my 'secondary' mask.
Initially, I laid my umbrella over the card stock & sprayed on the orange Dylusions ink:


I blotted it off with some paper towel, BEFORE I removed the mask.
Next  I used the paper with the umbrella cut out of it, and sprayed on the blue Dylusions mist:


It didn't cover all my card, so I had to use some more scrap paper so it didn't 'contaminate' the orange I'd already sprayed on the card base
I ended up with this:


It splashed out a little, but not too bad.
Luckily I have a little tear shaped punch, so I added some 'rain drops' and my sentiment...



...a bit of outlining to define the edges & that's it!
You could do this with any simple shapes or die cuts that you have in your stash.
I really like the 'masking' off technique.
 If you used plasticised card [eg: that you get with embellished packs, or even clear plastic] then you'll have re-usable masks, too!


Hope this gives you some scrappy inspiration ~ Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

5 comments :

  1. How cute. So easy yet effective !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creating! We are all short on time so this cute little card would be wonderful to make in a jiffy! Thanks for sharing Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool technique...If you were lazy would you cut your own mask ;) ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your tutorial technique, Lizzy. Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tutorial is very nice! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete