Friday, April 3, 2015

Art Journal Tutorial

Hello lovely OTR friends Fiona here with you today to share a journal page I created using the more feminine mood palette for April. (The one with the pink in it) But before I do, I would like to mention that, once again, this month the wonderful Pam Kuhn is sponsoring our challenge. You could win yourself a $25.00 voucher (International winners stamps only).


So here is the second mood palette. It is very similar to the first in colours except for the added pink! So for those who love to dabble in complementary colour schemes .... this one is for you!


I decided to try out these colours in my art journal and this is what I created.


I have several journals I play in but this one is my favourite. It is an old book that I picked up in a trash and treasure store while away one weekend with some scrappy peeps having a mini retreat time.


I didn't prep the pages at all I simply applied some modelling paste directly on to them and then carved some circles into it.


Next I sprayed some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in the green directly onto the modelling paste while it was still wet. I love the shine these sprays have.


To make the paint circles, I mixed some gloss gel medium with some acrylic paint in a small needle nose bottle. The gloss medium helps to give it some body and a beautiful glossy shine after it has dried.



I left it over night to dry. When I came back the next morning, it had dried a lot darker than I had anticipated, so I decided to add some more pink by mixing matt gel medium with glitter.


It makes the best glue for applying glitter and beads and such and it dries clear!


Next I decided it needed some black paint flicks. Recently I've been using chalk paint for my flicks. It's nice and thick and just the right consistency for flicking!


I added some stamping using some of my favourite stamps. These ones are designed by Daniel Torrente and you can purchase them from Stampotique. I've just recently purchased some more. YAY!


Finally I created a hand drawn border using the Kaszazz 5502 fineliner set on page 227 of their catalogue. These pens are my favourite go to pen for journalling!


You can see how easy and unstressful this was to create.


That's what I love best about journalling. Make some time to have a play and remember your challenge piece can be a journal spread too. We accept all kinds of art in our challenges.


Thank you for checking out my tutorial. See you on the flip side.

Cheers
Fiona xx







No comments :

Post a Comment