Friday, February 20, 2015

Introducing Nicole Doiron

Hello everyone!

My  name is Nicole Doiron from New Brunswick Canada
and I am excited to be here today
at Off the Rails Scrabooking as the February Guest Designer.

Thank you Amanda for this opportunity!

I have been an avid scrapbooker since one of my good friends introduced me to it in 2004. 
It didn't take long before I was passionate about this wonderful hobby!  
My scrapbooking style varies a lot, adapting itself constantly to my moods and inspirations.  
I tend more towards the shabby chic style.  I like to use a lot of embellishments (chipboard shapes, 
flowers, bling, tags, eyelets and brads) and I love to add handmade stitching on a lot of my projects.
My forte is definitely layouts (from single to double-page), but I do also create 
a lot of cards and tags and have been challenging myself 
to create more and more beyond the page projects.  

I am currently on several design teams which keep me extremely busy and inspired:
Scrap Around the World, 2Crafty Chipboard, My Creative Scrapbook, White with One and Scrap our Stash.

You can visit my blog at http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.ca to see more of my creations. 

Here is my take on the hip and trendy February mood board:
  

As you can see, I stayed real close to the colour palette and was inspired by the Eiffel tower image.

This picture was taken by my friend Christine on her trip to Europe a few years back.
I simply modified it in Picassa using the 'tint' option, turning it into the shades I wanted to match the board.





If you look at this page and see more of my creations, 
you will notice that I often had a whitewash (or we could say white snowy) effect to my projects.

It is, some could say, one of my signature style.
I love how it softens up my layouts and gives them more of a shabby chic feel.
It's very easy to accomplish just using a good ol' makeup sponge covered in white acrylic paint that I lightly dab over the edge of papers and over most of my embellishments.
It doesn't always look perfect, but that's the fun of creativity! :)

Hope you have enjoyed my post!


Thank you Nicole for being our GDT, and we loved her work so very much that I've ask her to join us on the DT, and doing a happy dance,  Nicole excepted!!  So you'll be seeing more of her amazing work in the future. 

Thanks again Nicole

3 comments :

  1. Welcome Nicole! It's so great to have you on the team. Love this piece of work too. So pretty with some fantastic techniques involved xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Nicole. Love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page!!!! Thanks!!! Beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete