Sunday, December 28, 2014

Packaging Transfer Technique by Sanna

Hello there! The other day while I was creating a layout, I finished a sheet of word thickers and was left with a piece of white shiny paper the thickers had been attached to. I also had some ink daubers standing on my table. That moment it came to my mind that I might be able to use the white piece of packaging paper like a craft sheet. So I tried how it would work.

I wiped some dauber ink onto the surface and then pressed a piece of white paper onto it. Worked really well! 

There even was enough residue ink left over to take a second "print". This time the colour was not so strong anymore and you could even see the forms of the thickers peeking thru the ink on the paper - can you see the slight heart pattern on the background?


I even made a third generation background from the same inked area. There the colours and patterns are very soft, but I find it still makes a great background. Since this piece of paper is punched, the ink also seeped into the lines where the words used to be and created additional deco elements. So I fussy cut the heart and used it on one of the cards as an embellishment. 

Then I just glued the pieces on my card bases and decorated them. This is how they turned out:


For this card I used only a piece of that inked paper, stamped with a script stamp over the ink and added some doodling around the edges. I also added a piece of glitter tulle and some leftover butterflies I had punched out previously from other leftover paper pieces. 


This card background is made form the second generation print and I added some faux stitching around the big heart and then drew some additional stitched hearts here and there. After that I added some melted silver crayon droplets and various embellishments. By the way, the flower is punched from paint sample sheet. I used two different colours, layered them over each other and fastened them together with a brad.


This card is made from the first generation print. I have added some stamping, yarn and silver wax crayon as decoration. I also layered some older flowers to a bigger one and added a brad on top. See the white heart in there? that is the one I fussy cut from the sheet :). So I have again managed to accomplish some serious stash busting with these cards. Hope you get inspired and have some fun with your stash!! 




3 comments :

  1. What lovely cards and great way of stashbusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Love how you used the paper to create such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete