Hi everyone! It's Catie on the blog today and my turn today to share a project with you. I've done an art journal page using colours that I'm not naturally drawn to. I tend to lean towards blues and greens, so this time I've mixed it up a bit by throwing in some pink (I REALLY don't like pink!), yellow and orange. Here goes!
1. I didn't prime my pages this time... Just raw, blank pages 😊
2. Gelato goodness!
3. Colour blocks of gelato around the page - the beauty of gelatos is you can just go crazy with colour, and it all looks fab!!
4. Blend using a wet wipe.
1. Put some gold gelato around the edges of the pages.
2. Blend for a subtle border.
3. Define the areas of colour with black gelato.
4. Blend/smudge with wet wipe.
1. Water colour stick...
2. I coloured the edges of the blocks of colour on the pages, then...
3. Using a water colour brush...
4. ...blended the water colour into the gelato.
1. Mixing some colours to get a shade more suited to that of the gelato.
2. And blend.
3. The water colours subtly add a bit more colour at the outer edges of the blocks of colour.
4. Then, using stencils and white gel pen (which I later went over with Posca pen so it can be seen!!)
1. I just coupled circles around the pages...
2. Then added a little detail to them to make bubbles.
3. Then some stamping...
4. ...and some doodling.
1,2,3: more stamping and doodling.
4. Adding some more definition to the bubbles with silver pen.
1&2. Sharpies for the title work.
3&4. Stencils and whipped spackle for some more dimension on the page.
1. Stencil work and stamping.
2,3,&4. Water colour paint splatters.
Hope you've enjoyed the process for creating this page.
Thanks for looking xo