Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sue's Tutorial - Another Use for Project Life Cards

Hi everyone! Sue Plumb here with you today.
I hope all our Australian followers had a wonderful Australia Day yesterday and managed to celebrate our nation in style! It's back to school for us here in Queensland today (Hooray! I hear a few mums say.)

Today I have an idea for you showing you another way you can use those Project Life cards you might have in your stash. These are a couple of mixed media canvases that I created as Christmas gifts...




I used a layered selection of PL cards as the centrepiece for my canvases, and simply printed the quotes I wanted to use directly onto them. (You could use cards with pre-printed quotes on them too.) I find 3x4" PL cards the ideal size for these 8x8" canvases.


If you do want to print your own quotes, you will need to know how to print exactly where you want to on your cards. First, print your quote on plain copy paper, then simply hold it up to the light, place your card over the top and fasten the edges down with tape. Then pop it back into the printer and print it again. (Easy!)

A closer look at some of the detail...



I hope I have inspired you to try creating something different with your Project Life cards. And don't forget you still have a little time to create something for this month's challenge! You can see the gorgeous mood palette HERE.
Til next time, happy crafting! :)

2 comments :

  1. Those are absolutely beautiful. I love them. The colors on both are perfect.

    ReplyDelete