Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Sweet Gift

Hi Off the Rails fans! Sue here with you, and today I am sharing a super sweet gift I made for a friend.

As we are currently in the midst of our strawberry season here, I have been busy cooking lots of strawberry jam to make the most of them while they are plentiful. Besides storing it away for my family to enjoy throughout the coming year, I also think it makes a lovely homemade gift for friends.

Of course, no gift is complete without a bit of fancy wrapping though...


To dress the jar, I started by cutting a circle of paper to fit on top of the lid, which I attached simply with double-sided tape. (Lucky I had these old Cosmo Cricket papers stored away, they were perfect!)
Next, I attached some self-adhesive lace tape around the edge of the lid and then topped with a flower.


I made a matching tag for the jar by cutting a tag shape from the polka dot paper, which I topped with an image cut from the strawberry paper. I then adding the sentiment using a tape writer and a small paper flower.


After that, it was simply a matter of tying the tag to the jar using twine. I also added a small heart shaped resin button as a hanging charm.

Besides making the jam, this was a quick and easy way to put together a sweet handmade gift for a friend. I think these would also make a lovely teacher appreciation gift.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

5 comments :